Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Inheritance/probate question.?

Okay so when my mother passed away many years ago, she left me an inheritance. This was put in trust with my Grandfather who invested it in a term investment with a bank, I was to receive this when I turned 19, ( I am almost 20) but my Grandfather passed away and all of his assets were put into probate, (almost a year ago) now according to the bank my inheritance is not in the specified account, they say it must have "rolled over" when the old term expired and as such it must be verified that the new account number holds my inheritance...Does this make sense? Also would my mothers trust be placed in probate even though technically it was intended for me? I am so confused, I don't have an attorney as of now, but my Uncle (the executor of my Grandfathers will) does have one, and also has an accountant, but these people have seemingly kept me "out of the loop" Sighs)

No comments:

Post a Comment