Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I really hope that I can get some sound advice. I am a beneficiary to my grandmother's estate?

My Uncle is the Executor and is responsible for selling the land and distributing it amongst the beneficiaries. Only, we have strong evidence that he is cooking the books....and has even taken some of the land. .I have asked for Estate accounts on several occasions and property valuations. There is quite a lot of value to the estate with land, houses, offices and shops. . I wrote to my Uncle's solicitor who says that I have to pay them to answer me as my Uncle has instructed them that he won't pay himself for me to have any information directly from them. . Solicitor starting fee is �500. If I write personally to my Uncle asking for up to date accounts and valuations of the properties etc, he just sends me something completely different. I am no further with my inheritance. Now, his solicitor says that she can only answer my questions under the instruction of my Uncle and he says that he won't pay for them to answer me, yet, he won't answer personally. Help....I am in England. I can't affort solicitors fees. I am in an awful situation. Please someone help me as I am loosing sleep over this. Many thanks. Hope I make sense. I just need to know my rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment